Friday, April 27, 2018

Goals and Birthdays

vanilla cake, lime coconut frosting vegan birthday cupcakes


I am not sure why, but I seem to always be SUPER emotional and goal oriented around my birthday.
I had set a goal for myself last year and when I didn't met it I was disappointed 
but kept moving towards it.
 It is something I have wanted to be able to do for longer than I can remember...
It represents a symbol of strength to me...
It is pretty badass
It is something most people can do with almost no effort

What is it?
A pushup
yep...

I have never been able to do one
I want to be able to do one, and not a "girl" push-up
but a kick-ass real deal push-up

I have been working on it for a LONG time... 
and I am proud to report I did it in front of The Barren on the eve of my 
48th birthday, Tuesday night.
The Barren cried he was so happy for me (heart swelling)

I am also of the camp that if it is not documented it didn't really happen
and being a visual person, I needed to photograph it
so I did:

Elbows in against my ribs
down to a 90* bend 
ass up, knees off the floor
legitimate push-up folks!


1 comment:

Mali said...

Congratulations on the push-up!!! (Now I have to go and see if I can do one - I doubt it ...)
And belated Happy Birthday! Did you get an extra cupcake after the effort of that push-up? I hope so.

Though, push-up or no push-up, after the year you've had, you deserve it.