Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Aligned

It is gonna be quite a week!

Today my niece (15yrs old) is having a 10cm cyst **removed from her left ovary
The same surgery I had
the same ovary
27years earlier
The doctor assured her parents that she would also look for endo

She has no questions, but like many teens is only concerned about needles.
She is set to have the operation about 3 hours from now.
I gave my brother tips that helped me make the experience more comfortable....
most of my suggestions have fallen outside the wall he and my sister in law have constructed.
My father asked me a couple questions through gritted teeth the night he and my mother found out...
He is angry about it.

I think it is safe to say we all are concerned 
I am hopeful that she will be better after the surgery than her current state.
The cyst can be seen bulging from her tummy when she lays down.

I am thankful that they are checking for endo 
and that ideally will find nothing or able to remove what is found.

I am at the studio and home today. 
I was told there was no reason for me to be there today.

(I'll be at the door to the wall, with pear juice, some magazines and GasX in hand tomorrow)
*********************

The Barren is traveling for work this week
He is thousands of miles away.
I didn't get the morning call and TOTALLY had a massive panic attack
He finally called a half hour later, and when I heard his voice I tumbled into a puddle
unable to hide my concern and fears.
He apologized repeatedly 
Why the concern? He had a coworker/friend die on a work trip 
So since then I have been pretty terrified 
He travels again the first week of May
**********************

I am due to get my first real period soon...I think today but who knows?!
It feels like it is readying herself....but I don't really know
so the wait begins
**************************

The Barren's Aunt is donating a kidney today
I found out via social media...
*****************

My birthday is Thursday
I have no plans, no parties, other than take a yoga class in the afternoon
I had a sweet treat time with The Barren this past weekend...
Put on a pretty dress, had a fancy drink and got some much needed time with him 


It is a strangely aligned week.
I am cleaning and dumping old paperwork out of corners of the house to keep myself busy.
The world feels different

**The cyst was 14cm and consisted of three pieces all surrounding her ovary. One included hair, the other two had thick liquid in them. The surgery lasted 2.5hours and in the removal she lost a portion of her left ovary. The doctor assured her parents that the portion that remains has eggs/follicles and her tube is healthy...the doctor was glad she got her in so quickly as this was a ticking bomb.

2 comments:

Mali said...

Oops - meant to respond when I read this (but was undoubtedly on a device I hate to use for comments). Glad you had the time you needed with The Barren. And that your niece's surgery went well.

Betty Alofs said...

Hi nice reading yourr blog