Friday, July 20, 2018

Waiting

So I entered and was selected in the top 11 of a BIG art competition...
there were over 260 entries from over 48 countries and my work made the top 11!

From this amazing small group, there will be 3 awards (two of which are cash)
and this award is being announced in the next hour!
I am not at this award ceremony as I live 1000's of miles away and it was not something I could swing both in time and money.
So I sit and wait for an email or a social media announcement....
wait and wait

and wait
and distract myself

I was so anxious yesterday after seeing the first images from the exhibition that I bought a vintage dress....I have a problem with that...I get SUPER anxious and in an effort to self sooth I put something on my credit card that I think will make me feel better.
Sometimes it is going to the plant nursery and getting too many plants for our small home. Sometimes it is vintage dresses...that I adore and wear.

*** talk about kiddos***

Last week we hosted our nephew...he is 10
and between you and me I am closest with him, over the other two nephews and two nieces.
He is a middle kid and so The Barren and I have made an effort to make sure he get one on one time.
Away from the chaos of his sisters and family.
This last time we played music and sang along to Queen and RUSH songs.
He wanted to learn how to play D&D because his uncle played the game and he wanted to play with him....I think this made The Barren melt and feel so very loved by his nephew.
He refereed to me as the "snuggle Auntie"
A Dream come true! and quite frankly, a personal goal.


We watched super hero movies, played at the pool, and the top of the mini vacation sundae was him diving deep into a Calvin and Hobbs comic book I got for him a few years ago 
that is now a perfect fit!


I think this waiting game is old school
I think we are so well trained in the art of waiting...
wait for your period
wait for results
wait for the egg
wait for doctor to show up
wait on your vacation
wait to see

This is all good mind you...I am happy about this wait
I submitted my best version of my work
I am in the top 11
I am exhibiting internationally
I am excited
and scared
and ready for an answer 💓



2 comments:

Mali said...

Oh wow. Top 11 is AMAZING!! Brava! (Sorry about all the exclamation marks.)
Will you tell us the result?

Mali said...

PS. The time with your nephew sounded wonderful. Isn't it nice when we can enjoy them?