Saturday, March 28, 2020

Meanwhile...

With very few exceptions (one farmers market run, one grocery store)  I have stayed indoors, 
at home since the 15th of March.

My yoga studio has been creating videos so that we can continue to practice at home.
I have been doing classes. I find that I get lazy at home and 
it makes home practice a true challenge for me, 
which is why my practice at a studio was so important.
I am doing classes daily, but they are different and I tend to not push myself.

I continue to be the go-getter for the home. 
The Barren is still employed thankfully, and our kitchen has become his office Monday-Friday.
His whole company went virtual on the 13th at 5pm...which is wonderful because they have offices all over the world. So every office community is now safer because of it.
My job has stopped, as has my income, which was a trickle to begin with...
I have items on EBAY, and Etsy but nothing has moved in a long time.
I am trying to not think about how I have no income
*stay calm*

I am quite emotional today for some reason.
Hubby thinks that the isolation is starting to get to me....
but the real thing that is starting to get to me is the expectations!
I am an artist that now has every hour of the day available to make work, 
meaningful work, important work...and lots of it!
I am not able to focus.

I have work in progress, but I seem unable to turn my attention to it.
All the shows my art was suppose to be in have been cancelled.
I have no venues to show my work in.
* breathing, thankful breathes, to be breathing *

I have two other artist women that text a couple times a week to report on all the work they are doing.
all the paintings they are working on and completing.
How it is like they are preparing for a solo show, work and ideas flowing like rivers!

I scanned a vintage photo from my collection and have drawn it 
over and over and painted it different each time, here are the first two.
I am trying but...I am not a painter

Meanwhile, I am carving little stamps and make hand-stamped postcards for people.
(until the postage I have here at home has run out)
Love bombs, that make me feel a little better imagining my niece getting a card she can color in the mail...or the great-grandma on lock-down getting a little love note from a stranger.

In an effort to escape from myself this morning, I watched YouTube videos of a random person walking through major museums...just to remember what it was like to walk those halls in my past.
I was weepy and wouldn't make eye contact with The Barren.

Favorite quarantine activity:
I have been feeding the snails on my patio and learned that: 
they do not like carrot greens but do love
lettuce, kale and my potted plants.

I hope that this miserable post finds you all healthy
beautifully sane
and maybe still a little hopeful

1 comment:

Mali said...

Don't put pressure on yourself to work just at the moment. There's so much going on in your head that an added pressure to work is too much. It's not surprising if you feel that your creative instincts have deserted you right now. And sometimes a break from something is just what you need too. Either that, or allocate specific times to think about work, and then walk away from it.

Do you do Love-Notes? I've done it once, but I'm not joining in this time because I can't get to the Post Office to buy postage. I don't even know if it is open.

Don't most people try to STOP snails eating their plants and gardens? lol

Take care. We're in this together. Sending hugs.