Friday, April 03, 2020

Busy time

Snail feeding continues

We are about to finish week three in quarantine:

I survived my cycle, and it was "kind of no big deal" 
and it marked one year off birth control.
I made myself period cookies and charged kisses 
from The Barren if he wanted one.
I got a lot of kisses.

The Barren is working long stressful hours at work, as the learning curve
 for his department is almost 90* straight up...
but there is progress every day.
His company announced that everyone will be working from home 
for the unforeseeable future.
There will be no new hires, no promotions and no wage increases.
Everyone is still employed.
***Good news***

I on the other hand, am still trying to figure out how to make a buck or two.
I want to promote a sale on social media, but I feel guilty about it...and so I seem to find reasons to not do it. Would it be uncool to offer art at discounted prices??

I have not hit the portion of this alone time where I clean like a mad person.
I like the idea but, when I think of doing it, I think I could be doing this other thing instead...
hahahaha
I am not a domestic person, but I have become a full time cook and laundry lady.
I am averaging one trip out of the house a week...
this last week was farmers market and the health food store.
It was surreal and I started to wonder 
Will what we remember of society ever be again?!

I awoke this morning from another strange night of sleep, or a sleep-like night.
My dream was that I was photographing for an architectural firm, starting with taking head-shots
and then moving onto a series of stock images for them...but I kept hearing people whisper about me and how I had dirty clothes on.
I was smiling and keeping it all professional the whole time and then someone said to me, 
"you do know that your shirt is stained in back and that you have blood on the back of your skirt!"
I looked down at my beige mini skirt and turned the fabric around, 
and saw that there was blood oxidizing on it and I was confused.
then I woke up saying
" well that is really disappointing"
So how are you sleeping?!

I think the distance is starting to weigh on me and my heart.
This is the longest I have not seen my parents, or brother since traveling many years ago.
I speak with them daily, and have encouraged them to call via facetime...but a traditional phone call seems most comfortable for them.
I am feeling sad I guess.

I have food, a home, clothes and I am healthy.
My close family is healthy, they are fed and safe.
For all that, I am happy.
I guess my heart hurts a little today.
I am acknowledging it and letting it move through me.
That is the healthy thing to do.

I might watch some more youtube videos of people 
walking though the great museums of Europe 
and wonder if I will ever be able to see them again.

what are you doing in your lockdown?


1 comment:

Mali said...

I'm with you on the cleaning! I started when our lockdown was announced, but it faded out quickly. I keep meaning to get back into it. I did do some baking yesterday though, and I'd resisted doing that too, so maybe the cleaning bug will hit?!

I like the idea of walking through the great museums. I've been going on a virtual safari (they livestream them twice a day from Kruger Park in South Africa) most days, which has been great. It's not action-packed, but it is kind of meditative. And informative.

Glad The Barren is still employed. I don't think it's uncool to offer art right now. People are all taking great comfort in art right now. To think that your art could give people comfort, or make them think of something else and that would give them comfort, is lovely.

Take care!