Monday, September 24, 2018

Riding the waves

Handmade doll for 3yr olds birthday

So remember that baby shower I wasn't invited to and then the second baby shower I found out about on social media that I also was not invited to, because I wasn't going to show up anyways....
well, I got a half-assed invite to that same persons sons third birthday.

" hey lady, we are having a party this Friday for kiddos 3rd bday, 530pm. Hot dogs and pinata...not sure screaming kids at the end of the week are your thing but we wanted to invite you and The Barren"

I accepted immediately
I think there was some spite in my acceptance, but....whatever
I found this book at the local thrift shop and made the doll the day of the party; in between work and yoga class....the silkscreen paint was pretty darn dry by the time I wrapped it up.
Apparently the 3year olds suggestions for the soon to be little mini me is 
" poo poo head"
So I made him a baby of his own that he can torture or play with while mom 
is busy with the real one.***

The party was all hipster parents and cake and screaming kids 
and I chatted with a few people while banshees and harpies ran around us 
high on sugar and sleep deprivation.

I was proud of myself for playing it cool...
The Barren was not able to go because he was traveling and so I did it solo!


*note the ripped paper of the dressing gown
nervous twitch maybe

I also survived the yearly check up with the doctor.
I get white coat so they line the exam table with the thicker non stick paper sheets.
I get a hot flash as soon as the doctor appears and proceed to create small waterfalls of sweat all throughout the exam. I don't think I have ever gotten a manual breast exam from her where she didn't get a handful of sweat and deodorant.
She said aside from still needing to loose 3-5 pounds 
(my lord this woman uses the BMI index like an end all be all information system )
I am doing well and should keep it up
exercise as much as I can and keep up the vegan diet and stay happy
(hahahah)

I don't have to see her for another year (ideally)
Now I just have mammogram and breast ultrasounds to finish
easy peasy

I'm dead set on just riding this last month away...
In my minds eye I am sitting in the shade
by a big body of water
tide lapping nearby
and letting it all go

letting all that shit go
*** Mom to be just texted and asked if I had any name ideas!!
I went to the first name site I could find and picked one randomly
Sigh

2 comments:

Mali said...

Well done on the party attendance, and very thoughtful gift! Brava.

Though good grief on being asked for name suggestions. I know I would just refuse, as I think names are really personal. A former best friend called her son a name I would never in a million years have used, and I'm just thankful she never asked me what I thought in advance, as I don't think I'd have been able to hide my horror! lol Though I did contribute on the matter of my niece's name, but that was a bit different.

If I only had 3-5 pounds to lose, I could die happy. Do you get your appointments in the morning? We're apparently taller then, which might take care of 1-2 of those pounds and keep her quiet!

Columbia Packing Service said...

Thank you for writing this blog