Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pelvic Rest

 
I had a horrible start to the day yesterday.
I was expecting a crash post surgery, but thought it would have arrived the second or third day after...not the fourth day.
I had spent the whole night coughing.
A dry irritating cough and no matter what I did I couldn't get it to stop.
I was curled around a second blanket fearful that if I coughed just hard enough,
I would pop one of the incisions.
 
I had gotten out of bed sometime in the middle of the night, thinking I was going to puke.
The pressure and pain against my diaphragm was intense.
It never happened, maybe my visual imaginings of my insides squeezing out of my incisions like a sick version of cheese wiz stopped it...or I was just able to battle it away.
 
When The Barren caught sight of me in the morning he was ready to take me to the ER...I spent the next hour and a half convincing him it was a sore and pissed off diaphragm and not pain from the surgery. I also reminded him that I had started BCP again and having to take a two days dose in one day could also make me feel puky. It was a horrible combination.
I think he is still unconvinced that I haven't needed pain pills since surgery.
I haven't. I am not sure why.
The second day post surgery I had the neck and shoulder thing, it felt like someone had punched my neck and shoulders, that pre-bruising feeling....but nothing that would require a pain pill.
 
I am totally the first to sign up to sign out...but I think the glee, thankfulness and euphoria of knowing I either caught it before it became cancer and that there were no signs of cancer in me has me riding a pretty high happy train.
 
I had gone into surgery with my period; pain in my lower back and some cramping.
When I woke up, there was no pain.
Nausea: lots and lots of that...but no pain.
day two post surgery
swollen tummy, bruised button
 
I had some vanity moments yesterday too, I am not going to lie. I feel puffy and swollen and my bellybutton is filled with surgical glue, so I can't really tell how much it has changed.
I liked my button, it was the only unique thing that tied me to my birth, like a fingerprint of the day.
I think it has changed now. *sigh*
 
I spent yesterday with The Viscountess, she scrubbed my stove (she does that with her neverous energy, it is how she expresses love)  and spent time just sitting with me and keeping quiet company. She had me eat some salad and that started the deep real burps (even though I have been eating gasx and walking like a loopy girl) it started to relieve the pressure and then I started drinking pear juice last night (a tip from a friend; to get things moving out) I awoke this am feeling closer to fine.

 
I am still processing the reality that is inside me, I will share that later...but I am today, closer to fine.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi from ICLW. I had a laproscopic done in June. Four incisions, the extra one was just above the mons pubis because of so darn much endometriosis. I have to say that my belly button still looks the same and that the scars are now fading to a light lavender. It will just take time.

Mali said...

A new belly button is a mark of our survival. That's how I look at it - and to be honest, 10 years on, I don't even remember what it was like.

Glad to hear you're feeling better today.

Amber said...

Stopping in from ICLW...

Sounds like you've been having a rough go of it and I'm so sorry. I pray for quick healing for you. Here's a cyber hug!

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

That sounds super painful. I had a laparoscopy about ten years ago; the belly button made it back to normal eventually! I wish you a quick recovery and a happy ICLW, too.

Nicole said...

i remember how swollen my belly was after my hysterectomy. Ugh, I thought I'd never look normal again. It does get better! I promise. I think it took me like weeks, but it will improve!

So sorry you had such a rough post-surgery event. Sounds terrible. I hope you are feeling much much better now!

love!