Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Heavily Meditated


My bestie got me this pin after my last miscarriage and 
I have worn it to ultrasounds and today's endometrial biopsy.

I spent the last two and a half weeks waiting for my appointment meditating.
I have read about the process, focused on the temporary amount of time it was 
and tried to compare/prepare for it with the pain gauge in my head.
twinge to pass out from pain

Today came and I took two pills last night meant to soften my cervix and then another this morning.
They made me quite loopy and apparently worked well enough to allow for the procedure today
and to get a sample.
I would say the process was uncomfortable with a moment or two of pointed sharp pressure deep inside me, near my diaphragm.
It was a short amount of time and when I was ready to call uncle, it was over.
Clearly pain and discomfort levels are different for everyone and I had a lot of downward pressure from my cervix softening so that added to the strange feelings.
The polka dots on the ceiling tiles were amazingly interesting when focusing on breathing
When she was done I needed to lay still for a little bit as I was a little woozy.
Nothing that didn't settle almost immediately and I was out of there.
Results expected by next week.
I am beyond thankful that today procedure was able to net a sample.

I met with my bestie yesterday to shore up my courage, and she gave me a lemon sweatshirt that is super soft and cozy. She wanted to give it to me ahead of the procedure so that: 
"I felt happy and loved"
cozy lemon slice sweatshirt, homemade vegan mac and cheeze and my emotional support kitty <3 td="">

Bestie lives over 6 hours away and has come into town to take care of her mother who had double eye surgery today....so her plate is quite full!

Yesterdays meet up was exactly what we both needed.
Tomorrow is a new day.
I am hopeful that the spotting from the procedure will fade away 
and I will get some mojo time back and celebrate my:
 "BIG HEALTHY UTERUS POWER"
source

No comments: