Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Recovery


Once again my tub is a recovery zone.

Two weeks ago I was feeling on top of the world, I was seeing results from pushing myself farther and harder in class to reach new personal goals. 
I was feeling the benefits of the vitamin D I was taking again.
I was feeling invincible.

Then I noticed it had been a long time since I had peed that day.
When I did finally try, barely anything came out.
So, being the over achiever, I drank 40+oz of water and a quarter of a watermelon.
I must have been dehydrated.

I began to pee, but it was very little and then every few moments...
I knew this was not good, but for some reason did nothing to stop this decent until four hours had passed and I started to pee blood.
The Barren was traveling for work and when he called and heard me he said you gonna ride it out until the morning and see your doctor...I said yeah.
I was wrong...when 9pm came around I was EXHAUSTED and all the walk in clinics were closed.
Our local ER is like going into downtown Bangladesh and the wait times are off the chart...
plus I was scared and alone.
I mustered up my courage and got myself into the car and drove to another towns ER.
I had to stop along the way to pee, more blood...and pain

I made it to the ER and felt like I was going to pass out.
I gave a sample, that looked more like a small glass of Rosé
They took me in right away and told me where the bathroom was.
I was calm considering how frightened I was.

I get white coat too, so my pulse was elevated and explained to the admitting nurse what was happening. It took a while before the dishtowel of an ER doctor came in.
I had gone to the bathroom twice while waiting for him.
He didn't even look me in the face for the first half of the questioning.
He asked if I had any surgeries, I explained my endo and cyst and fibroids.
He asked if I had, had any others, I said I had my wisdom teeth out, but I didn't think that the roots went that deep. 
At that point he smirked and said he'd be back after the results came in.

While I waited more, I just kept peeing, and walking back and forth from my room to the bathroom.
Pain building...and blood.
Finally, another nurse came in and sat down, looked and me and said:
" I've seen you go to the bathroom many many times since you've been admitted. Can you tell me what is going on? " He looked at me and listened and I told him the pressure is so intense...it is as bad as cramping and the pain while peeing is building. 
And even though I have a fairly high pain tolerance, this was beginning to be quite upsetting.

He came back with some meds, and I took them...and then threw them up.
Then peed again and while walking back to the room.
The doctor said " you are allergic to a lot of things! "
I responded " yes, I am very special"

The nurse smirked and followed me back into the room, 
gave me some saltines, anti-nausea meds and another dose of medicine. 

He got me released and explained that I had a UTI and that the meds would take 24-36 hours before I felt better. I thanked him and drove home. The bladder pills already working and allowing me to make it home without having to stop.
I came home and passed out...it was 1:30am

The next couple of days were rough, and it felt like I had overwiped from all the peeing...
when I finally looked three days later I discovered I had gotten a HEMORRHOID!
All that pressure had caused me to get one!
I have never had one and so after a week had passed and I checked back in with my doc, 
she said "well if it doesn't go away, we will have to cut and drain it!"
I went blank again...
needles and knives in my BUTT!
I am currently doing a lot of soaking, icing and creams
I am repeating my body healing mantras and soaking in tubs three to four times a day.
it is changing slowly...but the only person who will admit to having had a 'roid is my bestie.
I am doing the wait it out and let it resolve itself path.

This whole thing, as me naked from the waist down at home again...
which sounds like fun, but has totally put a bend in my mojo.
I am asking for suggestions or hemorrhoid recovery tales...
I need to know that there is a light at the end of my tunnel
(hahaha, so to speak)

1 comment:

Mali said...

Oh that sucks! I'm impressed you can joke about it. I have no tales for you, but wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.