Saturday, December 28, 2019

Middle Aged

While reading a book review, for "Why we can't sleep" that is set to come out soon, 
I was snacking on homemade cookies fresh outta the oven, 
during my:
"don't think too much about food; just eat what you want, 
visit friends, skip yoga and sleep in" 
holiday this week:

"In Why We Can’t Sleep, Calhoun opens up the cultural and political contexts of Gen X’s predicament and offers solutions for how to pull oneself out of the abyss—and keep the next generation of women from falling in. The result is reassuring, empowering, and essential reading for all middle-aged women, and anyone who hopes to understand them."

I looked up and said out loud....
MIDDLE AGED?!
I am not middle aged am I?!!

The words conjure up horrible visions of exhausted, 
frazzed people, 
crying and walking around in a sort of zombie state....
OH DEAR GOODNESS...am I?
Related image

1 comment:

Mali said...

I'll tell you about middle-aged women! We (that's including me and my friends, not necessarily you) are at a stage of life when we are more confident, know what we like and what we don't, stick up for ourselves, are at our most powerful, don't buy in to society's (and/or men's) b-s, more independent, less bothered by the little stuff.

Sure, we might struggle to sleep sometimes, suffer from hot flushes (or take medication for it that has saved my life), or need life-enhancing surgery. Ageing isn't wonderful. But don't be too scared of it - whenever you find you need to confront it.

(And thanks for this post - because you might have given me a post topic for today! lol)