Sunday, February 17, 2019

Challenge and changes

***warning***
Post about new loss of a companion 



So I finished the 30days of yoga in 31days, I had 35 to do it in.
in the final week, a horrible happened.

Our sweet fat kitty was diagnosed with aggressive large cell lymphoma in his intestines along with a sizable growth that was impeding into this colon.
This came out of no where and to say the least has taken us to the rawest place.
He was diagnosed on Tuesday, the day before his 13th birthday, confirmed cell size on Wednesday and Friday night we had the vet home to home and let him go.
In the two and a half days from diagnosis he had stopped eating and drinking and was no longer sleeping but just gazing. 
The disease moved fast and the vet said that the gazing was it entering the brain.

He was slathered in love, and body rubs and kisses and told over and over how much he was loved.
He was the first cat to have as a companion that spoke to you and moaned and groaned responses.
He loved sleeping and when not sleeping, he liked to nap.
There is a massive hole in us
The Barren declared that he lost his best friend.
I am struck over and over during the day.
The surviving kitty, is 3 years older and today has been calling for him....
It is heart breaking...yesterday he spent a large portion as high up on my chest as he could get
my heart below his flip flopping in my chest.

It is going to be a long road as we all learn to live with this new grief.
I am thankful I had 13years with him
and was able to laugh through tears as memories of his antics flood my mind.
Ideally we were able to free him from his body fast enough to avoid him suffering from an evil fast moving demon....


1 comment:

Mali said...

I am so sorry you lost your beloved cat. But as you say, glad that you were able to spare him too much suffering. And glad that you had some wonderful cuddles with him on his last day. As well as during his long life. Sending love and hugs.