Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Emotional







I woke up this morning feeling emotional, more than I expected.
I mailed our ballots in two weeks ago 
I called my mother weeping
I am now on pins and needles
So much is at stake
So much worry
I spoke out when I saw women friends claiming to not want to vote
I learned who really harbors hate for other people
I learned what is important to me
I voted, I voted for myself but mostly for my niece and nephews future
I voted for my and any other woman's reproductive rights 
I voted for my LGBTQ friends
I voted for my earth
I am voting for a change
I am a nasty woman, who is grabbing back her pussy and playing her woman card!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m a half a world away and already feeling the fallout of this...tens of billions wiped off our sharemarket – my savings, my retirement... my new worries about the state of this world....not to mention my impression of the American voter! But I can’t lump everyone into the one basket.

I’ve been in and out doing chores all day....checking every few hours for updates on the internet......I’m gutted.....I never thought it would be this challenging to expect equality, decency and tolerance to be so arduously fought for, and to lose....