Monday, July 11, 2011

Baby dolphins

I commute. A lot
Mind you, a good chunk of my trip is along the coast,
it is pretty to watch the sun rise and set over the water.
One of the benefits of all this ocean time is that we sometimes see animals.
Today, I saw baby dolphins playing in the waves while adults feed on fish and seabirds waited for leftovers. My hubby had seen baby dolphins once while I was driving
and
I thought he was teasing me.
~
Today I saw them and the shock in my voice upon seeing them sent us into a fit of laughter.
We pulled over and I grabbed my little pocket camera and shot some images of the ocean.
It was windy, so you can hear that whipping be me.
Although most of them show no baby dolphins...it was still cool.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

lovely :) thanks for sharing! xoxo!

Mali said...

Wow. That's great! I live somewhere where there are "penguins crossing" signs, and I've never seen them, and think the sign just taunts me. So I can only imagine the excitement of seeing the baby dolphins.