Wednesday, April 03, 2019

A whole new womb

***below is some babble-and bad punctuation***

I am entering a whole new stage of womanhood 
and closing the door on the reproductive years.
it is so very bittersweet
Even with a decade plus of absolute heartbreak and 
another myriad of years of confusion 
with a sense of being untethered to any one point or direction in my life...
I am here now
Related image

I am not on any birth control and I have finally stopped bleeding!
I am kind of in shock about that still...
After bleeding daily for 6 months it is strange to suddenly not!

I even have a bit of my sex drive returning, which lets face it, is a BIG DEAL!
I was actually kind of mad that I would miss my sexual prime 
under a haze of birth control pills...
Seems I might get some fun outta this yet!

We (The Barren and I ) seem to run in tangents and this whole new road has intersected with a need to "organize" our lives a bit more. Which has manifested in cleaning out old boxes and flushing the dead space. I think with the recent loss of our beloved cat, we needed to shift the energy and this seemed like the closest sitting duck.
It has meant that I have gone through boxes and boxes of memories! 
What we had imagined for myself, what I had passion in and where it landed.
We got rid of kids things, and toys we kept in the house for nieces and nephews,
 all of which are too old for them now.
We kept saying " someone else will be really excited by this" 
as we plopped it into a give away box for the thrift store.

At the end of the day, he felt like he could breathe easier and
 I had nights filled with dreams of lost items and crashes into buildings!
We are being kind about how quickly we make choices, sometimes they will just be repacked and put back into storage, to be opened in the future when things feel less raw. Other times It seems like a brave and heroic feat to let go of the item.

It is a strange time...
I am really feeling like I am floating in a vast unknown land.
I am really in this blind, I do not remember anyone talking or telling me what to expect as you transition into menopause...nothing in sex ed, or doctors or anything!
Well, not until last year when the word was used for the first time in my life in reference to me!
Even after asking what that meant, it was still " it can be anything" was the most precise response, which still seemed lacking at best. 


I am not afraid anymore...I am trying to take each day as it comes.
Some have sorrow wrapped into them, some are manic and I am super energetic and ready to take on the world! As I wait out the readjustment of hormones I will play along as best I can...
be kind to myself, and not give too much away.


2 comments:

Mali said...

I'm so glad you're not breathing. Sounds to me as if you've got it all sorted. (Menopause, as well as organising your house!) Did you read my menopause series from just a month or two ago?

Mali said...

Eeek. I've come back and saw that stupid autocorrect must have changed bleeding to breathing. It gave my comment an unintended sinister overtone! lol