Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Infertility and pet populations

Yesterday Keiko Zoll brought to my attention this latest campaign from PETA, after reading her statement and the responses from PETA I was moved to sign the petition, please take a moment and consider it too:

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) launched a publicity campaign/contest on March 31, 2011 offering a free vasectomy to a man who spays or neuters his pet during the month of April "in honor of" National Infertility Awareness Week. Instead of honoring this community, PETA has decided that it's acceptable to ridicule, devalue, and trivialize the infertility patient community experience in the name of promoting responsible pet-ownership.
The "Win a Vasectomy" campaign is not only a mockery of everything that National Infertility Awareness Week seeks to promote, but is a cruel execution of a promotional concept at the expense of millions of patients for whom infertility is no laughing matter.


Tell PETA President Ingrid Newkirk that infertility is not a joke and demand an apology for and immediate removal of the link between their campaign and National Infertility Awareness Week.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN PETITION


As a lifelong animal lover, animal rights advocate,vegetarian, and sometimes vegan I am outraged.
I am without words....I signed the petition and have asked others to do the same.

2 comments:

Kitty said...

Wow. I am shocked and going to sign the petition right now. Then I'm posting it to my blog too. Thanks for the heads up.

Nicole said...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. i signed the petition. i am so shocked at how insensitive/thoughtless people and organizations can be sometimes.

Also, in case you didn't see my response to your comment on my blog yesterday, thanks for the support. writing that post made me feel a lot better and reminded me that i don't really care what everyone thinks, but it is so hard to escape it. R and I have been through so much, and I kind of just want people to leave us alone. It is nice being able to write something and receive kind words.